Save Money with these HVAC To Do’s: (sourced various websites)
1. Most experts recommend doing maintenance on the system twice per year, in the spring and fall, before turning the heat and air conditioning back on.
2. Make sure all air vents, baseboard heaters and radiators aren't blocked.
3. Check air ducts and heating pipes to make sure they are properly sealed. Make sure blower components are clean. Airflow problems can reduce your system's efficiency by up to 15%.
4. Make sure all electrical connections are tight. A professional can measure both voltage and current on the motors.
5. Moving parts should be lubricated, so they do not cause friction, which shortens the life of the system and increases the amount of electricity you use.
6. It is good to have all the gas or oil connections checked, including gas pressure, burner combustion and heat exchanger. This is best handled by a professional. A dirty burner or cracked heat exchange can cause the equipment to operate less safely and efficiently.
7. Check and inspect the condensate drain in the central air conditioner, furnace or heat pump. A clogged drain can cause water damage or affect indoor humidity levels.
8. Install a programmable thermostat to automatically change the temperature when you are unable to, cutting your energy bill by at least 10%.
Our HVAC Maintenance will handle all these To Do's - Schedule a call with a My Home Expert team member-just click here or forward this Tip to a family member or friend.