Be Safe and Prepared!
Extreme cold temperatures and dangerous wind chills are upon us! We want all our valued customers and friends to be safe and prepared. Here are a few tips to keep you and your home safe during this arctic freeze!
Inside your Home:
• Keep your circulation fan running on your HVAC system to minimize cold spots in your home
• Keep thermostats at a comfortable temperature day and night. Now is not the time to lower your thermostat during the nighttime!
• Keep cabinet doors open under sinks for heat circulation especially for sinks on exterior walls
• Keep a small trickle of water running at faucets to help prevent pipes from freezing
• Catch potential problems early by inspecting any known trouble areas of your property at least twice daily for any signs of cold related damage
• Check all chimney and exhaust flues to be sure they are clear of snow or ice
• Inspect all carbon monoxide detectors for proper operation and replace batteries if more than one year old
On the Road:
• Don’t wait until you’re low on gas! Refuel every night to be sure you’re prepared in the event you become stranded!
• Add fuel system additive to prevent fuel system freeze ups
• Keep an emergency kit in your vehicle with water, high protein snacks, extra blankets, gloves, and hats
• Check tire pressures as cold temperatures can reduce pressures
• Park vehicles in a garage if possible